Monday, July 7, 2008

I Don't Know Why I Am Surprised

We just got back to Denton after a great few days in our hometown of Edmond, OK for the 4th. We did a lot of relaxing, spent a lot of much needed time with some of our closest friends and just had an all around great time. Oh yea, and we discovered that our daughter happens to be more fearless than we thought. This was Bella's first time in a real swimming pool where she was actually able to enjoy it on her own. Yes, I said on her own. At first she was a little timid, however I should have known that wasn't going to last. Soon all I heard was "Momma, let me do it by myself". By the end of Day 1 Bella was entertaining the crowd by sitting with water covering all the way over the top of her head, looking around under the water at everyone. By the end of Day 2, she was actually holding onto things just to keep her head under water longer. And I am not exaggerating on that one folks. My kid is part fish.
She also had a first time experience with coming face-to-face with 2 very large horses both of which once again she was not afraid. Andy was more nervous than anyone about her getting her hand taken off when she insisted on feeding these massive animals treat after treat that were no bigger than a piece of shredded wheat. In fact, Bella introduced herself to one of them by jamming her finger up his nostril when I was not paying attention. Of course he didn't like this one bit, however Bella insisted on trying it over and over again because she said "But Mom, heez gots boogers in dayer".
Overall it was an amazing time. Lot's of firsts for our little family. It was a little hard to come back home. I'll get some pictures posted as soon as I get them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that I live near your in-laws? Next time you're in town, please let me know :)

Andi Hawkins said...

I bet horse boogers are HUGE! Oh Bella, Look out!!